Friday 22 May 2015

NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Review

So, a little while ago there was a huge hype about the new NYX Intense Butter Glosses, since then I have heard barely anything about them, and I think I know why!

This will not be a glowing review of this product so if you are looking for that please move on to the next review. The two shades that I bought were Spice Cake (left) and Apple Crisp (right).


To start this off is a picture of the packaging, it looks very similar to the Butter Gloss packaging which is nice, because its a simple packaging that makes it easy to find in a collection and also which brand the product belongs to.  Another nice this is that the colour of the product is clearly displayed on the outside, so one doesn't have to look at the bottom for an idea at the shade. Having the black top also helps distinguish it from the original Butter Gloss line.


The applicators for this product are a flat paddle, which I like, because this makes it easier for me to cover my bottom lip and also get a nice point for the top lip. I haven't had a lot of experience with this type of applicator, but I do like it so that is a plus!

 The pigmentation on these are incredible, and I believe this is why they were so hyped when they were first released. There is no denying that these are beautiful colours. This is the reason why I bought them, because I knew that I would get a lot of use out of these and would love them to bits.

IF

They didn't bleed HORRIBLY!!! This is why I think they died out pretty quickly. I have not tried both shades because I am honestly nervous about it. I wore Spice Cake and it started bleeding on me super quickly, which then got worse as it started to fade and then me trying to fix it. I needed this to last all day and it didn't. I ended up feeling incredibly conscious of the way that my lips looked. This is not something that I want when I wear a both colour like this! I might try the red in the near future, but it will be on a day where I do not intend to leave my room so I can watch and see how it preforms.

Although I LOVE the original Butter Gloss formula I DO NOT like these at all. If you do not have any trouble with bleeding lipsticks then you might really enjoy this product, as they are comfortable on the lips, a drug store product and also super pigmented.

If you do have problems with products bleeding, I wouldn't go near this product, which makes me sad as I was super excited to have these, and collect these in the future. I am glad to see though that the hype for these died pretty quickly so I feel like not a lot of people have gone out and purchased too many.

If you had a different experience please let me know in the comments below!

Wanna follow me on different social media?
Facebook
Instagram
Tumblr
Twitter

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment