Tuesday 16 December 2014

Rimmel London - First Impression

I recently came to a conclusion that I needed a waterproof mascara for work because of my mascara transferring to my brow bone throughout the day. I decided to pick up the Rimmel London Wonderfull Waterproof mascara because I was interested in the none waterproof formula. As many of you would be aware by now Rimmel has brought out a mascara with Argan oil in it. So far I haven't heard any raving reviews and there is kinda a reason why.


Here is an image of the wand. First off I don't have a problem with how big the brush is, but I DO have a problem with the fact that there is a little nob on the end. This makes getting to the smaller inner lashes almost impossible without hitting your nose (which I did).

I don't generally have a preference between plastic or 'normal' mascara wands. But for me, this brush reminds me of the Clump Crusher by Covergirl (again not a huge fan of that mascara). This brush doesn't clump lashes, which is something that I am very thankful for because I don't like clumpy lashes, so if that is something important to you, like for me then this mascara is great for that!

The reason I don't like this mascara is simple. It just coats my lashes and does nothing else. I didn't test the claim that this mascara makes my lashes softer or not, because as soon as I discovered this gave my lashes zero volume or length I went back to a favourite the Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara (a sample size as I'm not paying the $44AUD price tag) just so that I had more length and volume for the day.


OVERALL:
This is a good mascara if you only want to use it for casual or 'no makeup' days as it coats all of the lashes nicely and wont clump your lashes together. But if you bought this for the volumizing effect then you will be disappointed. I plan to now use this as a top coat mascara so that I still have that waterproof layer.


RATING: 2/5

Let me know what you think about this mascara and also what I should try next!

See you next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment