Tuesday 2 December 2014

M.A.C Brush Cleanser - Review

This is a product that I have used for a long time, recommended and repurchased. It's the M.A.C. brush cleanser, now I know this is something that a lot of people would think of as unnecessary but I honestly love this product.


Here is what the product looks like, the packaging in nice and simple with the brand and the product name easily found on the product. On the back (which isn't shown) displays, again, the name of the product and then Caution is 5 different languages followed by To Use in those same languages. Although this is a pink product, this doesn't affect your brushes, meaning if you have white haired brushes they wont turn pink from use.


 The only main design flaw in this product would be the lid, which is easily changed. The problem is that is a just a pop up lid with a small whole to let the product out. Personally I have never used this method to get the product out. I just take off the top and place a cotton pad on the end and then just quickly flip the bottle to get product out. My sister does use the lip properly but it does look awkward when she is trying to get the product out. I do understand that a lot of people just go out and buy a spritzer top or just wait for another product to empty and just switch the lid over.


REVIEW:
I am currently starting my third bottle of the M.A.C. Brush Cleanser, if that shows how much I love this product! I use this everyday to spot clean my foundation/ concealer brush and my eye shadow brushes. This does a great job in getting 80% - 95% of the makeup from the brush. With my foundation brush it always leaves the brush feel exactly like it did after I washed it, sometimes it even feels 'cleaner'. This product is great at getting eye shadow out of brushes but does at times struggle, there have been times when washing my brushes that I have seen dark shadows rinse out of the brush. So if you use dark colours all the time this is something to be aware of.

It is important to note that I DO NOT treat this product as a 'cleaner', I use this everyday to spot clean my brushes and then roughly once a month I will shampoo my brushes to give them the deep clean that they need (sometimes more regularly depends on how often I use the brushes). I would not suggest using this as a deep clean product, but I LOVE it as a spot cleaner.


RATING: 4/5

PRICE: $20 M.A.C.


Tell me what you think of this product, and also if you know of any cheaper spot cleaning products available in Australia!

See you next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment