Wednesday 24 September 2014

Revlon Colourstay Foundation

In this post I will be reviewing the Revlon Colourstay Foundation for Combination/ Oily skin. This is a foundation that I have been using for a little while now and thought I would talk about it!


This top image is the overall packaging, it is sold glass that isn't frosted so one can easily see the colour of the foundation, also if stored upright how much product is left. For me personally I have designated this foundation as my 'work foundation' due to the fact that this is the cheapest foundation I own, I was also told this is a dupe for my favourite foundation the Estée Lauder Double Wear.

COLOUR MATCH

The colour that I chose is 110 Ivory and this is honestly the best colour match that I have ever had. It matches my neck perfectly and does not have an odd 'foundation' colour to it which I am incredibly thankful for. It does make me look at some other brands and wonder why they don't have a shade like this in their collection. 

PERFORMANCE 

First off I do not believe this is a dupe for the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation, the texture of this foundation is a lot thinner then the Estée Lauder. This is a good thing though as in Australia we are heading into the warmer months and so a thinner foundation will be much appreciated. The coverage is medium to full cover which I like. This foundation is easy to layer (which is what I do when I don't want to use concealer). Do I believe this lasts 24 hours? No, at least not on my skin. One thing that I picked up in very quickly is that this foundation didn't like my sunscreen which I like to wear daily. Luckily for me,  for my work I am out of the sun all day, but I did notice that is would not last as well on my face if it was layered directly over my sunscreen. I stopped using the sunscreen and the longevity increased dramatically. I work generally a minimum of 8 hours when I go to work and so I needed it to last. Without sunscreen underneath it will easily do that. With the sunscreen it lasted maybe 3-4 hours before it started breaking down and vanishing from my skin. 

Besides this one downer this is product has great coverage and will last the day if worn with the right products.


APPLICATION

I so far have never had any problems applying this to my face, granted I haven't honestly tried it with lots of different applicators because I honestly don't own them. But my application of choice is by brush and I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This is a dense brush so it applies the product evenly without leaving any brush strokes on my face. I use roughly two pumps for my entire face and then maybe 1/2 a pump later on my cheeks, which are bright red. I have never had any problem trying to get an even coverage and I love how this feels on the skin. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder over top and I do believe this helps make the foundation last longer. I haven't tried this foundation with any other powder though so there might be one out there that is better!!

PACKAGING

I love the packaging of this product, it comes with a pump which is amazing. Although the pump is good, I do wish that it had a twisting mechanics which would lock the pump if you lost/ broke the cap. The main part of the packaging is a nice clean class with white writing. This can be a little difficult to read but it does add to the 'crispness' of the packaging. I so far have not experienced any problems with the packaging and am really enjoying it!

Below is a picture of the pump.



PRICE

$35 AUD (Priceline)


OVERALL THOUGHTS

I really enjoy using this foundation everyday for work because it's easy to apply and looks great! I will defiantly be getting another one when this one runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment