Tuesday 30 September 2014

Bella Box - September

I am one of the many people who are subscribed to the Bella Box monthly service! It is a service where you pay $15AUD a month and you get a box full of beauty goodies sent straight to your door! (or where ever best suites you). I have been apart of this monthly service for a while now but this will be my first post! 

Bella box is a beauty box that comes with 5+ beauty products each month. Some are full size and other are just deluxe samples. It honestly depends on what type of product it is to whether you will get a full size or not. There are also sometimes bonus', just like in this months box. These are generally unexpected and can be anything (one month everyone received a free magazine!).

Normally Bella Box comes inside a cute blue and white spotted box, but this month there was a little card explaining that there was a 'wardrobe malfunction'. It does reassure everyone though that next month it will be back to normal!

When you first open up your monthly box you are greeted by a card explaining the theme behind the months box. This month was beauty wardrobe as you can see!


On the back of the double sided card it explains the products in your box, how much full size costs and also where to find the products if you wish to repurchase in the future!


Going in order of the products displayed on the card, the first product I will talk about is the Neutrogena Makeup Wipes!



First off this isn't one of the full size products but there are still 7 wipes in this sample! This is a great size to put in your hand bag to carry with you. I personally will be putting this in my suite case to take to Japan as I want something to take on the plane with me and this is perfect! I have used these before and I really enjoy these. They are a nice wet towelette that doesn't dry out if you store them correctly. They are a little rough on the face but this doesn't bother me as I feel like it is slightly exfoliating my face. It does remove a lot of my makeup which I love and I have repurchased these many times in the past!

CARDS DESCRIPTION:
Remove even the most stubborn waterproof mascara with these makeup wipes! A perfect handbag accessory. 

PRICE: 25 pack $7.99AUD (Priceline)


The second product is a nail polish by Gelogic in the colour Champagne.


The packaging for this product is nice and simple which I really like. It also wasn't super hard to get out of the packaging which I was extremely thankful for!

I personally have never had gel nails or tried anything to do with gel nails. I work with food as a part time job so having nail polish on is frowned at. So sadly I wont be able to really test this nail polish until my factory goes into shut down (which is about a month away). I am looking forward to trying this! The colour is Champagne and I am hoping that the colour is represented on the bottle! If so I am looking forward to having a more natural looking nail polish to wear.

CARD DESCRIPTION:
Get all the benefits of a gel manicure without UV or LED light! Simply apply two coats of this long-wearing and chip resistant polish and allow to air dry.

PRICE: $9.99 AUD (thebeautyoffice.com.au)



The third product I got were eyelashes! The lashes I got are in the style Pin-Up which is a similar style to what I already wear so I know I will enjoy these!


My first impression of these is that I really like the style, but I am not too thrilled with the packaging. It is packaging that if you don't have scissors handy you will have a lot of trouble trying to get them open! I haven't ever tried the 1000 Hour lashes before but at least I know that these are a style that I will enjoy!

CARD DESCRIPTION:
Take you makeup to the next level with these revolutionary lashes! Define those eyes and look like you're ready to hit the red carpet.

PRICE: $9.95AUD (thebeautyoffice.com.au)



The firth item is something that I don't really know how to react to because I can't read anything on the packaging! Its the Germaine De Capuccini Defence Emulsion lotion.

The packaging for this is a beautiful deep purple with glitter running throughout. I feel like this product being in a container like this will make it easier to use.

I don't really have much to say about this because I am always cautious when it comes to face products because I do have sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out when using products its not used to. I will still try this product because it is small so I will know whether or not it breaks my skin out, and if it does I wont feel bad about getting rid of it.

CARD DESCRIPTION:
Protect your skin against environmental stresses and free radicals. Apply morning and evening to cleansed skin to keep it looking rejuvenated, youthful and radiant.

PRICE: $143.00 AUD (bellabox.com.au)




The last product is the product that I was the most excited to see in my box this month! This is a product by Sleek! In Australia we don't have Sleek so I am so excited to try this brand! This is the Sleek Eye Dust in Hypnotic.


This is an overall image of the packaging, just like everyone says the packaging is nice and sleek. It also nice to see what the colour is from a quick glance.

This is the of the packaging. It is nice and simple with the product type and colour listed. It also gives you Sleeks website and also the expiry date.


This has a nice stopper in the top. For this image I just removed it so you can have a better view at the colour and also how full this is! The stopper did have a sticker on it to stop product coming out during shipping. The stopper is nice and secure, its just I took it out for this photo.


Here is a swatch of the colour. It looks more blue in this image then in real life. But the blue is definitely in there. I feel like this would look slightly different depending on how you apply this. For example when I had this on my finger it looked more like it did in this photo which is a nice deep blue. So if you used something like M.A.C. Fix+ it would look like this. But if you are just applying it straight to your eye it will appear darker, more like a blue black. Which is still a beautiful colour but seeing as we are heading into Spring and Summer here I don't know how much I will use this colour.

CARD DESCRIPTION:
Straight from the UK, this hyper-pigmented pearlescent loose eyeshadow will illuminate and highliht your eyes. Use dry for a light shimmery colour or with a wet brush for an intense look that pops.

PRICE: Not listed, just says that Sleek products are available online at bellabox.com.au


BONUS PRODUCTS:

The two bonus products that I got this month are two sachets by Garnier and Revlon.


As you can see these are just some small samples so I don't know how I will go getting an opinion on these products. The first is the Garnier Perfect Blur. It says on the packaging that it is a smoothing perfecting primer. I am interested to try this and to see if I can maybe get more then one use out of this but it honestly doesn't feel like there is a lot of product inside.

PRICE: 22ml $16.95 (Priceline)

The second is the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. I have already written a blog post about this so I will list that below. I was excited to see a sachet of this because I could have used it for travel, but I can't use it at the moment. I will not be able to use this sample unless I darken up during the warmer months because I am in Ivory and I got a sample in Natural Beige. Otherwise I do love this product and do suggest checking out!

PRICE: 30ml $34.95 (Myer and Priceline)



Overall I am happy with this months box because I got a lot of products that I do already use and am excited to use in the future! This is honestly one of the best boxes that I have had in a while so there you go. I do think this is something that is great to join if this is something you're into. I am definitely looking forward to see what is coming in next months box!


No comments:

Post a Comment