Monday 6 October 2014

M.A.C Soft and Gentle - Review

So today I will be talking about one of the most popular M.A.C highlighters. This is the Mineralize Skinfinish  in Soft & Gentle. 



Now it is it my understanding that this is the new packaging for the powders. This is my first powder from M.A.C. so I have nothing to compare it to. I personally like this packaging because you can see the product from the outside, meaning you don't have to rely on the back. For me it also lets you easily see how much product you have left. 

Another new touch I like is that it is a magnet closing. For me this makes it more secure and I have more faith that it wont open in my bag. I have heard a couple people complain about this possibly wearing out. But I doubt that as magnets are super powerful.


This shows what my powder looks like.


I don't know how relevant this is, but this just shows what information is on the back of the product. As expected the colour name and the product type is listed clearly on the back.

REVIEW:

I haven't had much experience with highlighters because this is my first time trying them! I know I didn't want to try a cream product because I still don't feel confident with using creams. I decided to go with a cult favourite as my first highlighter as well because I figured I would have a better chance getting a long with it and loving the highlighter. I know this is expensive to be my first highlighter but I didn't really know of any drug store highlighters at the time.

First off, I really do love the sheen that this gives one first applied to the skin. I love looking in the mirror and seeing it reflect the light. I place this product on last in my makeup routine. I then use my M.A.C. Fix+ to finish off my look.

As much as I love this when I first put it on, I feel like it doesn't last all day on my face. It could be because I have oily skin and so my skin just naturally makes it fade throughout the day. 

One thing I do love about this product though, which I think of as a redeeming feature, is that you don't need a lot of product to get the desired look. I just tap my brush on the top and then apply it to my face. I find that this is enough for me to cover half of my face, which I then just tap it again to do the other side. I apply this along the full length of my cheek bone. I prefer to have a lot of highlight because I'm someone who prefers to be able to see what I am applying to my face. 

I don't think I will repurchase this in the future, but to be honest there is so much product here that I doubt that I ever will need to. Which is something that I really like.

Overall I do really love this product and love that it is a part of my daily routine, but like I said, I doubt I will be buying this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment