Sunday 12 October 2014

September Favourites!

The month of September came and went super fast! Sorry that this post is a bit late, I only have excuses to offer so I will just move right along to my favourites for the month!

I'm super sorry to start off a post with some limited edition products, but these are honestly my favourite lips sticks of the month. The two that I have been loving are from M.A.C. and they are Kelly Yum Yum from the Kelly Osbourne collection and Mystical from the Alluring Aquatics collections.

 Here is a couple of photos of the packaging, as you can see these lipsticks are in limited edition packaging I love them! My favourite packaging would have to be from the Alluring Aquatics because the rain drops are raised and feel awesome!!
 As you can see on the bottom of the packaging it lists the colour name and also what finish the lipstick is. I personally prefer satin and cremesheen because of how they feel on my lips.
 This first swatch is of Kelly Yum Yum. This is Candy Yum Yum in a different finish. Candy Yum Yum is a matte finish where as Kelly Yum Yum is a satin finish.
This is a swatch of Mystical, this is one of the first nude shades I have bought from M.A.C., I personally prefer bright shades but once I swatched this I knew I had to have it in my collection.

Again I'm sorry that my first favourites are limited edition lipsticks but these have honestly been my favourites. I have been wearing these so much its a bit ridiculous. I love wearing Kelly Yum Yum with a more neutral look as well as black/ plain clothing so that way the lipstick stands out. I wear Mystical when I am going for a more subtle look. I find that these last really well and they don't feel uncomfortable on my lips.

PRICE: $36 AUD


Next is my favourite powder of all time (so far) and it is the NARS Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting setting powder. I have had this for a few months now and I don't think I could live without it now.

There is a choice between a pressed powder and loose powder if the loose powder isn't for you. I normally use pressed but I was in the mood for something different and decided on the loose! (Important to note that there is NO price difference between the two.)

This is the inside of the product, when you first get the product there is a sticker over the holes to make sure lots of product isn't going everywhere before you even use the product. This is also black when you first use it, but I have used mine so yea.


This is roughly how much I use all over my face. Some might say this is too much which is perfectly fine! I prefer a MATTE finish and so maybe I apply too much, but this is the look I like.


This product isn't completely 'travel friendly' as you can see in this photo, this happened after I had my powder in my bag all day (because I had left it at my rents and mum kindly gave it back to me). Now this is WAY to much product to use, but I stress that you CAN get the product back into the packaging, it's just that you are going to have to spend the time to tap it all back in. The photo representing how much I use was taken after I had spent about 10 - 20 tapping the product back in. So yea, not really travel friendly.

Even though this isn't travel friendly I LOVE this product. It keeps me matte for ages without looking super powdery throughout the day. I also love how this feels on my skin throughout the day, it helps keeping my skin feeling fresh and like I don't have heaps of makeup on. One thing to note is that this does have a strong-ish smell, so be aware of that when using this. I don't mind the smell and just adds to the great time I have using this product!

In Australia to get this in-store you can head over the Mecca Cosmetica which is a stand alone store and sometimes available in Myer.

PRICE: $46 AUD (This has recently went through a price change, it used to be $55 AUD)
LINK: NARS Translucent Powder (Link takes you to Mecca's website)


My last favourites are eye shadows. These have honestly become some of my all time favourite colours in my collection. I use them so often! These products are the NYX Eye Shadows in Sahara and Walnut.

On the left is Sahara and Walnut is on the right.


I love the colour of this. I put apply this to 3/4 of my lid with a white base to make the colour look more pigmented.


One thing I love about the packaging is how it has other languages on the back. (Mainly the Japanese as I can read it and giggle at what it's called in Japan.)



As you can see this is the back of the Walnut shadow.


I love this colour so much! I love to put this in the corner of my eye to create a more smokey look.

I love these shadows soooooo much and the look that I create with these two shadows is really simple but looks great! I have received compliments on these shadows and it just makes me love them more. Walnut is a creamier shadow and you don't need a lot of shadow to get an amazing colour pay off. Sahara takes a bit more to build up but I still love the colour that is gives once the colour has been packed on.

 This is a hand swatch of Sahara.
And this is Walnut!



I know that I didn't have many favourites this month, but simple is sometimes better! I will still be using these products this month but I already know some of my favourites for this month! Leave me a comment with your favourites and anything you think that I should rush out and get and try out!

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment