Saturday 11 October 2014

Work (Factory) Makeup Routine

As I have two jobs in two totally different fields, I have two different work routines. The one I will be talking about in this post is basic, easy to do everyday, in a rush or if you're just not in the mood to put on a full face of make-up. I use 7 make-up items in this look and it takes me less then 10 mins in the morning to do. In this post I won't be talking about skin care, but if you're curious about the primers I use in this make-up look, they are the Too Faced Shadow Insurence and the Rimmel London Stay Matte face primer.

I always start my routine with my eyes, this is just in case I get fall out. Granted I don't use shadow in this look, it is just my routine to do eyes first.

To start off with I use the M.A.C. Paint Pot in Groundwork.

As you can see mine is well loved!!

I use only this on my eyes, I work odd hours everyday so I never know how long my shadow needs to last. So to prevent horribly creased eye shadow I just wear this. This product just darkens my lids and makes them look put together. This does still crease on me, but you can't tell unless you get up close because it still covers all of my lids, not leaving a patchy look.

Next for me is eye liner! I am a liquid liner girl and my liquid liner of choice is the Maybelline New York Master Precise in Black.
I LOVE this product and have repurchased it a few times now. It is a brush tip applicator and I love it. It's super black and doesn't flake or smudge during the day. 

Next I move onto foundation. I like to do my make-up in a slightly different order so it gives my foundation as chance to set. At the moment my foundation of choice for work is the Revlon Colourstay in 110 Ivory. I have written a review on this which you can view here.


Once I have put my foundation on I go ahead and spot clean my brush. I won't be using it again but I personally can't stand using a brush again without it being spot cleaned. I also do this to give my foundation a chance to set on my skin. I personally don't use concealer everyday because I don't need to, also where I work has pretty poor lighting so you can't really tell anyway!


Now I move back to the eyes. I apply two coasts of mascara, currently I'm using the Maybelline New York Great Lash in Blackst Black.

I like this mascara because it's not over the top and great for daily use. It feels nice on the lashes and gives nice volume and length. The only problem I have with this product is that if I am constantly looking up it will transfer to my brow bone.

On the topic of brows, this is about the time that I do mine! I'm still new to the brow game but the product I use is the Benfit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium.

As I said I am new to the brow game,  mainly because I was having so much trouble trying to find something that suited my hair colour! But I found this and I honestly love it! It's easy to use and if you're like me who isn't used to seeing filled in brows everyday, this is a great product to start on. Another thing I love about this is how easy it is to clean up a mistake, you simply just wipe it away!

After that we move back to the face products and I set my foundation with powder. I have oily skin so this is a must for me. At the moment I am using the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in 003 Peach Glow.
I have had this powder for a while but it still looks good!

This is another product that I have repurchased many times in the past. This is a lovely powder that really does help keep you matte if that is the look you are going for!

Lastly we need to add some colour back to our skin and I love to use the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 120 Pink Rose.

As you can see I give this blush a lot of love!

This is honestly one of my favourite blushes because it is super easy to apply and looks beautiful. I use this blush constantly (as you can tell) and will definitely always have this in my collection!

And here is an image of the final look! And yes I'm in my ever sexy work clothes.


Lastly I finish up with some form of setting spray just to help my makeup last even longer! I love wearing this to work as it makes me feel confident and that I'm protecting it from the environment that I work in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment