Friday 7 November 2014

Maybelline Electro Pop Baby Lips

So recently Australia got some new additions to the Maybelline New York Baby Lips range. The first thing that I noticed about this product is that these are in the American packaging which I was really excited about because I had always liked the pictures that I had seen of it!

Here is a quick overall image of the colours that are currently available in Australia. At the time you could only get them in Target but since then they have been rolled out as a part of the display in all the different stores. This is something that I am thankful for because there are times when I'm really fussy about buying my products from and don't really like to be limited to one place! Again as you can see this is not the usual packaging that is seen in Australia. I am so excited to see this collection in Australia as I do remember it coming out in America and being super jealous that I couldn't get my hands on them because I loved the colour scheme.


While the actually product packaging has changed, the cardboard that it is sold in has not, making it still easy to find on the displays.


Here is Berry Bomb out of the packaging. I think this is a beautiful colour and will get a lot of use that we are now coming into the warmer months here. 


Here is a swatch of Berry Bomb. As you can see, these are not as bold as they appear in the bullet. For many this will be a relief and will also be a great way to try new and exciting colours! If you were buying this product expecting it to be a bold colour, think of these like the coloured lip balms that Maybelline also have in their range.


As with all the other Baby Lips, the packaging generally follows the colour scheme of the product. Again making it easier to see in stores.


Again the packaging has been removed. I really like how simple the packaging is and how it is easy to see what it is called from the packaging. 


A swatch of Pink Shock. This is the shade that is going to be my favourite because I love to wear pink lips. This being a more sheer shade means I will be able to wear this on minimal makeup days and also when I am just looking for a sheer wash of colour.


Last but not least in this shade. To me this is the most intimidating colour, but that is because I have never been too sure with orange shades.


I am really loving the simple packaging of the Baby Lips and how it corresponds with what the product shade is.


 And so for the last swatch. I am glad that these are as bright as they are in the bullet because I think that this is a much more wearable colour. This will be great in the warmer months as this will brighten up your look really quickly.


REVIEW:

I love the Baby Lips range because generally they provide a nice texture on the lips and do keep them moisturized throughout the day. I don't feel this way with this range of the line. I think these are better to be viewed as a Lip Stain rather then a Lip Balm, because these didn't moisturize my lips like the originals have.

But in thinking of these more of a stain then a balm, these are great because they don't go everywhere and leave a lovely stain on the lips when they start to rub off. I loved how these looked and that they made a more natural look feel more relaxed. These are great if you want some colour on your lips but hate the feeling of other lipsticks, glosses or stains. My favourite would defiantly have to be Pink Shock, but that is purely based on the colour.

My one biggest con for this product is the packaging. I'm far to used not having to worry about how I closed the product, it was simply shut the lid and shove it in my bag. As you can see in some of the images above there is still product sticking out. This has not been done by me, but is how the product comes. So if you're in a rush, this wont be your go-to lip balm. One you have used the product more this wont be a problem, but at the start you will need to keep an eye on it to make sure you don't get product everywhere.


OVERALL RATING:
 7/10

PRICE: $3.95 (Priceline)



Let me know what you think!

Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment